Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What's in a dream?

So, last night I had this crazy, yet very vivid dream... My wife and I were having this party at our house... well, it was more like a mix between our house and Jen's parents house... anyway, at some point during the party this kid, couldn't have been older than 14, who I didn't recognize got really upset in one of the back rooms... Needless to say he pulled a gun and tried to shoot the people around him. Thankfully he only grazed the arm of one, the rest were able to get out of the way. As I went running into the room, the kid stepped into the bathroom and proceeded to shoot himself. When I stepped into the bathroom I remember my spirit crying out.. "Nooooo! God, you can't let this happen! If he dies now he will end up in Hell!"... I stepped closer to him, and he was indeed dead, no pulse, no breathing. All I could think to do was pray... "In the name of Jesus" I said as I laid my hands on this boy, and instantly he took a deep breath... I stepped back, almost scared... "What happened? I was dead... My body was being torn apart...", he said quickly and out of breath. "God didn't think you were ready to die, He brought you back to live... He has a purpose for your life...", I replied. The kid jumped to his feet, and I took a couple steps back... he ran towards me and wrapped his arms around my neck... "No one has ever told me I had purpose... no one has ever believed I could do anything" He said as tears were rolling down his face. He proceeded to run though the house hugging every freaked out person, telling them how God brought him back from the dead and how He has purpose for everyone...

That's about all I remember... At this moment tears are running down my face. I don't know why I had this dream... I don't know what it means... A friend of mine told me that maybe I am supposed to pray for this kid... I don't even know his name... So if you are out there Kid, I am here, praying that God will restore the life in you, that He will show you purpose, that He loves you despite everything you have done or been through.

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." -- Philippians 4:13 (NASB)

No comments: